A few thoughts....
1. He's clearly dead right, and I don't see how anybody can argue otherwise with a straight face.
2. When was the last time you remember a Democratic presidential candidate actually using the word "lie"?
3. Somewhere Jimmy Carter is putting on a sweater and having a pretty good laugh.
4. McCain cannot be excited about facing Obama in the debates.
5. I'm confused as to what the point of the tire gauge stunt was in the first place....do Republicans genuinely think that "conserving gas is for dirty fucking hippies" is a winning message this year? They've gotten some good polling on the proposals for increased offshore drilling. Which means absolutely fuck-all in terms of what is sound policy, but I guess they feel it gives them license to throw feces at the people who correctly point out that drilling isn't going to do a damn thing to fix the problem.
The problem, of course, is that the economy depends on a finite resource which will gradually become more and more expensive due to the highly esoteric and obscure laws of supply and demand. And here I was thinking that the people who lift up the free market as a panacea for everything would be familiar with supply and demand....
Even if increased American drilling could improve the situation right this minute (which it can't), it would still only provide a temporary solution. Eventually, the economy must be weaned off of oil. It is nowhere written that an oil-based economy must be permanent.
(Anyway, this post is for Sara who was giving me shit about not updating the blog since